Norman and his wife, Mingli Wang
For 37 years, Norman La Force’s advocacy for parks and open space has delivered for the East Bay. He is one of the East Bay's most trusted voices for saving open space, making our parks work for our people, and protecting wildlife and habitat. We need Norman’s experience and expertise on the East Bay Regional Park District Board.
Norman La Force is running to lead the Park District in its work to protect our environmental heritage, our wildlife and habitats, and to provide recreational opportunities for all of us to enjoy.
If elected, Norman’s priorities include:
- Creating more parks by saving open space;
- Creating resilient shorelines to protect our parks and urban areas;
- Expanding access to parks for all, especially for our urban youth;
- Saving Point Molate as a Regional Park for all, with sports fields and habitat protections to help absorb carbon and reverse climate change;
- Implementing more efficient and organized wildfire protection to avoid a repeat of the disastrous 1991 Oakland firestorm; and
- Building more sports fields for adults and youth, especially in areas that need them most, like Richmond.
Vote Norman La Force, Of Course!